Trinity College offered an edX course featuring part of the Mobile CSP curriculum. The course, Mobile Computing with App Inventor – CS Principles, was a good first MOOC experience.
- Week 1, Hello World App. A crowd-sourcing app that we’ll use to post a greeting on a Google map shared with all members of the course.
- Week 2, Slide Show App. An app that uses the device’s camera to create an editable slide show of our favorite photographs.
- Week 3, Walking Tour. A location-aware app that guides the user through a custom-designed tour.
- Week 4, Message Hub. A social app that helps organize friends and family members into a communication hub.
- Week 5, Game of Nim. A two-person strategy game where the user matches wits against the computer.
- Week 6, Build your Own. Apply what you’ve learned to build a mobile app of your own design.
|Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 4||Week 5||Week 6|
|3,638 (28.3%)||2,886 (21.6%)||2,259 (16.7%)||2.203 (15.7%)||2,039 (14.1%)||1,603 (10.9%)|
Around 540 students took the final exam and 252 submitted their final app project for peer review.