Participate in Mobile CSP Pathfinders during Winter 2021!
CS and Making PD opportunity at the virtual Pathfinders Winter Institute February 12-15, 2021. More at InfyPathfinders.org
What is provided?
Infosys Foundation USA will host the Pathfinders Winter Institute 2021, an immersive 3 days of online professional development in Computer Science and Making from February 12-15, 2021. The Mobile CSP team is proud to announce that we will be one of many curriculum providers participating in this event! Apply here.
Teachers attending the 3-day Mobile CSP Pathfinders professional development experience will:
- learn to use the Mobile CSP curriculum to teach College Board's AP Computer Science Principles course
- be part of a professional learning community, supported by a PD facilitator experienced with Mobile CSP
- receive support from an online discussion forum
- have access to the Mobile CSP student curriculum and teacher materials (discussion forum, lesson plans, & assessments)
How much does it cost?
The Mobile CSP Pathfinders course costs $850 per teacher. A 70% grant from Infosys Foundation USA will cover $595 for U.S. K-12 public school teachers and the remaining $255 must be raised through school/district/ PTA or personal funding. Any public high school teacher can also use DonorsChoose.org to raise funds and attend for FREE. Learn more at InfyPathfinders.org.
Eligibility & Application
Preference will be given to teachers who…
- are middle or high school teachers, teaching in grades 6-12 (Required)
- are planning to teach the CS Principles course in the 2021-22 OR 2022-23 academic year
- are at schools that do not currently offer computer science courses
Note: we can accept a limited number of participating teachers and schools with CS experience, but please apply as we have openings
If you do not meet these criteria, please see our other available PD options at http://www.mobile-csp.org/participate.
Prerequisites for teachers: Teachers will need to have their own smartphone or tablet (Android or iOS) for testing. Alternatively, a chromebook or a laptop with an emulator installed will also work. Teachers will also need to complete about 2 hours of pre-work in our online course.
Apply Now! Applications for Pathfinders Winter Institute are now open. All public school teachers are invited to apply. Special consideration will be given to high-needs schools, teachers from underrepresented communities, those new to teaching CS and Making, and districts demonstrating significant commitment to these subjects.
Select "Mobile CSP Pathfinders" as your course selection on the application
Applications are due by December 11, 2020.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com