Participate in Mobile CSP Pathfinders during Summer 2020!
CS and Making PD opportunity at Pathfinders Summer Institute July 19-24, 2020 at IU Bloomington. More at InfyPathfinders.org
What is provided?
Infosys Foundation USA will host the Pathfinders Summer Institute 2020, an intensive week of in-person professional development in Computer Science and Making, at Indiana University Bloomington from July 19-24, 2020. Over 700 US K-12 US public school teachers will convene at #InfyPathfinders for high-quality hands-on training. Mobile CSP is proud to announce that it will be one of many curriculum providers participating in this event!
Teachers attending the Mobile CSP Pathfinders one-week professional development immersion experience will:
- learn to use the Mobile CSP curriculum to teach College Board's AP Computer Science Principles course
- be part of a professional learning community, supported by a master teacher experienced with Mobile CSP
- receive academic year support from a master teacher and through an online discussion forum
- have access to the Mobile CSP student curriculum and teacher materials (discussion forum, lesson plans, & assessments)
- receive travel support to IU Bloomington
How much does it cost?
The Mobile CSP Pathfinders course costs $1,998. Pathfinders fees cover course tuition, housing, conference meal plans, airport transfers, and flights, if applicable. U.S. public school teachers have the opportunity to attend for FREE by raising funds through DonorsChoose.org as well as funding from the Infosys Foundation USA. In addition, the first 5 eligible Massachusetts public high school teachers who agree to teach the course as AP in 2020-21 can attend for free thanks to funds from the College Board and CZI. Learn more at InfyPathfinders.org.
Eligibility & Application
Preference will be given to teachers who…
- are middle or high school teachers, teaching in grades 7-12 (Required)
- are planning to teach the CS Principles course in the 2020-21 OR 2021-22 academic year
Note: we will ask that you submit a signed principal's approval form verifying you are planning to teach all or parts of the curriculum
- are at schools that do not currently offer computer science courses
Note: we can accept a limited number of participating teachers and schools with CS experience, but please apply as we have openings
If you do not meet these criteria, please see our other available PD options at http://www.mobile-csp.org/participate.
Prerequisites for teachers: Teachers will need to provide their own smartphone or tablet. Teachers will also need to complete about 5 hours of pre-work in our online course.
Apply Now! Applications for Pathfinders Summer Institute are now open. All public school teachers are invited to apply. Special consideration will be given to high-needs schools, teachers from underrepresented communities, those new to teaching CS and Making, and districts demonstrating significant commitment to these subjects.
Select "Mobile CSP Pathfinders" as your course selection on the application
Applications are due by May 15, 2020.
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org