Mobile CSP is now available on Runestone Academy!
We are excited to announce that the migration to Runestone Academy is officially complete! As of Saturday, August 14, 2021, we have changed the URL redirect (course.mobilecsp.org) to point to the Mobile CSP e-book on Runestone Academy and changed the URL redirect for the teacher site (teach.mobilecsp.org). Alternatively, you may use the direct URLs provided below*:
- Student e-book: https://runestone.academy/runestone/books/published/mobilecsp/index.html?mode=browsing
- Teacher e-book: https://runestone.academy/runestone/books/published/teach-mobilecsp/index.html?mode=browsing
*Note: If you are having trouble viewing the e-book without logging in, try using an incognito browser window or adding "?mode=browsing" to the end of the URL
Runestone Academy Platform Trainings (Hosted by the National Center for CS Education):
- If you were unable to attend the training that was offered, please see here for basic instructions.
- Saturday, August 27, 2022 | Runestone Instructor Dashboard Bootcamp (mini-PD) | Register via Eventbrite or contact us at email@example.com
- Saturday, February 5, 2022 | Runestone Instructor Dashboard Bootcamp (mini-PD)
- Saturday, September 25, 2021 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM ET | Equitable Grading with Runestone E-books Workshop
- Wednesday, September 1, 2021 6:30 – 8:30 PM ET | Runestone Instructor Dashboard (Basics) Workshop
For more information about the Mobile CSP migration to Runestone, please check the FAQ section below.
Mobile CSP is moving to Runestone!
The Mobile CSP curriculum is moving to the Runestone Academy e-book platform. The Mobile CSP team hired a Digital Content Specialist, Ryan Robidoux, a Mobile CSP teacher and CSAwesome Facilitator, to help move the Mobile CSP curriculum from CourseBuilder to Runestone. This decision to change platforms was done in large part because Google no longer provides support for CourseBuilder and there has been great feedback about using the CSAwesome e-book on Runestone over the past year.
The project plan is to have the new site set up and ready in August for the 2021-2022 academic school year. Current Mobile CSP teachers will be invited to attend free training hosted by Mobile CSP in Summer 2021 to learn about the change and how to set up a course on Runestone.
Register for Runestone Training:
Sign up for BASIC Training June 29, 2021 12 PM CT FULL!
Sign up for BASIC Training July 29, 2021 12 PM CT FULL!
Sign up for ADVANCED Training August 9, 2021 5:30 PM CT FULL!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Runestone replacing the Mobile CSP website (https://course.mobilecsp.org)?
We are moving to the Runestone platform. That is, all of the content that is on the current website will be migrated over into a Runestone e-book.
- Is MIT App Inventor still the programming language?
Yes! We are not changing the curriculum or the programming language – we are only moving where the lessons and content are hosted.
- Will the curriculum still be free?
- Will the current link(s) still be active? (i.e. course.mobilecsp.org and teach.mobilecsp.org)
Yes, we will redirect these links to the Runestone e-book when it is available.
- When will the Runestone e-book be available?
Our goal is to have the e-book ready for the end of July 2021.
- Will the course materials and layout be the same?
The course materials and layout will essentially be the same, just hosted on a different platform.
- What will it look like?
See the screenshots below. If you'd like to see a hands-on example of a Runestone e-book, we recommend checking out CSAwesome (course.csawesome.org).
- Will I still be able to grade student responses to self-check questions and view their progress?
Yes, Runestone has an instructor dashboard feature that allows you to create assignments, monitor student progress, and share feedback. Check out this page to learn more about the Instructor Dashboard.
- My school district follows student data privacy laws. What do I need to do to be able to use Runestone with my students?
Option 1: If your school or district requires a student data privacy agreement or an addendum, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Option 2: It is possible to set up a Runestone course without personally identifiable information for students.
For instructions and to read more about Privacy and Runestone visit: http://www.runestoneinteractive.org/2019/10/25/privaterunestone.html.
- How can I provide feedback or report an error?
If you wish to report an error in a lesson page or share feedback, you can use this report a problem form.
- Can I still access the Mobile CSP Coursebuilder sites?
The Mobile CSP Coursebuilder sites will remain up and open for a limited time. However, we will not be providing support for Coursebuilder moving forward. If you would like to access the coursebuilder site, you may access the student site here and the teacher site here. All of the content on these sites has been moved over to Runestone Academy.